Subscribing to the NUTHERA® Rx Hypertensive Meal Plan is highly recommended as untreated or uncontrolled blood pressure can cause problems for you and your baby.
What to book?
- If you are on your 1st or 2nd Trimester, book the 1500-1700 calorie meal plan.
- If you are on your 3rd Trimester, book the 1800-2000 calorie meal plan.
There are several possible causes of high blood pressure during pregnancy which includes:
- being overweight or obese
- not getting enough physical activity
- drinking alcohol
- first-time pregnancy
- a family history of pregnancy-related hypertension
- carrying more than one child
- age (over 35)
- assistive reproductive technology (such as in vitro fertilization)
- having diabetes or certain autoimmune diseases
Women with gestational hypertension have high blood pressure that develops after 20 weeks of pregnancy. There is no excess protein in the urine or other signs of organ damage. Some women with gestational hypertension eventually develop preeclampsia which can cause serious damage to your organs, including your brain and kidneys.